We go to great lengths to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. While many of life’s accidents can be avoided, safety steps should still be taken around your home to ensure you can avoid certain accidents as much as you can.
Many are not aware that a dangerous place in their house could be something we so easily overlook – our windows. Here are some tips for window safety:
- Install window guards and window stops – window stops go on the side of the window to keep the window from opening more than four inches
- Keep furniture away from windows to limit a child’s access
- Don’t depend on the screen to keep a child from falling out – screens keep insects out, but they are not created to keep people in – especially children
- Unless supervised, keep windows (and doors) locked
- Consider planting shrubs or other soft edging beneath windows to lessen the impact if a fall does happen
As the seasons are changing, many of us take advantage of the cool, calming weather. Consider these tips, so you are able to peacefully enjoy the pleasure windows provide.
Protect your home for every unexpected.